CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Ultimate Game (Turner Chronicles #1) - L.J. DeLeon Sci-Fi mixed with romance and the occasional naughty scene. The two main characters wake up from stasis only to find that over six hundred years have passed. Earth interacts with other planets, there are cyborgs with human elements and everyone is controlled by Leading Families. This is such a mixed bag of genres, so different that it works in a strange sort of way. I think it could have been just as strong without the physical scenes, which in turn didn't gel with all the sci fi story elements, then again that is probably why it is called Cyberpunk. There were some small inconsistencies in the plot, how would Maddie know what WIFI is for instance.It felt as if the story didn't always click with the century they were supposedly from and what knowledge they could possibly have or fathom. It wasn't as strong as it could have been, perhaps with less romance and more focus on the interesting technological ideas. Other than that it was a fun read. I received a free copy of this book for my review.