CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger

Avenger (Sanctuary, #2)

Avenger (Sanctuary, #2) - Robert J. Crane This the sequel to Defender (The Sanctuary Series) and continues the story of the Sanctuary Guild. I have to say I liked this one even more than the first. The author has worked on the dialogues and now the characters connect and interact in a more realistic way. So much so that it is a joy to read some of the quips they exchange and some of them even made me laugh out loud. i am still rooting for my favourite character Vara, who is finally realising that she has taken a shine to the main character Cyrus. The members of the sanctuary find themselves in quite a spot of bother, when they are accused of attacking and thieving from other countries/lords of power. suddenly they are persona non grata and either have to come up with millions to pay back what they never stole or bring the culprits to justice. The story is filled with elements that a lover of fantasy will adore, even venturing into the darker realms of Gods and necromancy. I enjoyed the fact that we got to take a closer look at the characters, their secrets and past lives, which gives more insight into why the have chosen the life they lead. I enjoyed the read and highly recommend it. I received a complimentary copy of this book for my review.