CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger

Play Him Again

Play Him Again - Jeffrey  Stone While I can understand the authors love of history when it comes to the film industry I think he managed to split the book in two due to that love. It is as if he couldn't decide which area or storyline to focus on more and/or felt the necessity to purge himself of the knowledge on early film technology.Don't get me wrong both storylines were interesting, they just didn't gel well together, because one overpowered the other. In the beginning and especially at the end the crime story is predominant. The last 40% of the book flows better with less reference to the technology/history and with more of a gangster feel to it, but the middle just doesn't fit at all, because it reads like a history book.The crime plot was well put together and I enjoyed the fact that the main character wasn't an innocent. Instead he wanders the line of criminal morality himself and fights for revenge using the weapons he knows and seeks justice via even more dodgy dealings.I received a free copy of this book for my review.