CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger

The Vault

The Vault - Huw  Thomas The timeline was often confusing and I wasn't sure whether the sub-plots were taking place at the same time as the others or in the past. In regards to Adam and Clay that does become more evident deeper into the book.What was the whole point of Lester?Was that just a way of bringing the dangers of sexual predators in our midst, to the forefront of peoples minds? It didn't seem to add anything to the story.Adam's storyline was strong and interesting. It focused on facing your fears, whilst creating an image of the tearaway spirit young boys have. The escape and fight scenes in the forest reminded me of a more safe world, one when children could play in the forest without fear of perverts.Hmm maybe that was the point of Lester, perhaps it was to show the difference between the way things should be and the way things are in our society, when it comes to our children and the dangers that lurk.I think the idea of the Sanctuary could have been developed a little more, then again that is possibly because I was convinced there was some sort of magic or secret portal in those woods. Of course now I realise it is metaphorical.I would have liked to have found out more about what Clay went through to make him so afraid and obsessive.All in all I think the author needs to be less ambitious with all the subplots. Sometimes less is more. Clearly he is capable of creating a good story, but it could be great with more strategic plotting and less wandering off in five different directions. I received a free copy of this book for my review.