CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Dragonflies: Shadow of Drones - Andy Straka I really enjoyed the Frank Pavlicek books by Straka Cold Quarry (A Frank Pavlicek Novel) series. I think he has the ability to create a great story with memorable characters.This isn't anywhere near his usual standard.I can see the inkling of a concept which could have questioned the morality of weaponry used in warfare in our era, it could have reflected more on the plight of the forgotten victims of that warfare and it could even have been a good poster child for the dangers of tenchnology.Instead it was a disjointed and often confusing piece of work.The most positive element was the focus on the use of micro technology and drones, both in war and espionage. It just seemed very thrown together or perhaps edited in a way that makes it appear to lack a competent flow in the storyline. His work is usually well researched and the characters gel well with each other.Overall for me it lacked the Strakasim that I have come to enjoy and I hope this athor gets his groove back.When it came to rating this book I had a hard time. I am a plot person and believe it warrants only 2 stars, but there are some redeeming qualities and the plot has potential, so a three it is.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.