CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
A Glimpse of Darkness - Lucy A. Snyder, Lara Adrian, Stacia Kane, Kelly Meding, Harry Connolly Essentially this short story is a way for readers to taste the offerings of five scribes. A neat little marketing ploy disguised as a fantastic creative storytelling idea.No matter what the reason, it gives readers a chance to experience and become enamoured with any or all of the talented five within the book.The first 35% of the ebook is the short story they have written together, after that each author feaures a chapter from one of their own books.It is an interesting concept and one that is quite difficult to undertake. Instead of each writing a single story and combining them in a compilation, they have each written one chapter of the same tale. I have to admit I like the idea, because each chapter gives a sense of their individual style and that in turn will most likely entice a reader to seek out more of their work.As for the story overall, I thought two styles out of the five didn't mesh well with the flow of the story, which made it less spectacular than it could have been.As for the ploy, that was much more successful.