CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Secrets They Kept - Joanne Tombrakos This book was like a warm cup of cocoa on very cold day. It squeezes your heart just a tad and might just make your eyes mist over. I can absolutely understand why it won't be everyones cup of tea, because the author didn't feel the necessity to add any mega dramatic unbelievable sub-plots. It didn't need any. The story was the simplicity and the complexity of family all rolled into one.For me it wasn't about any secrets, whether they were emotional, destructive or mundane. It was about the structure of relationships within a family. The image of a tree with many branches comes to mind. Some branches have many leaves, whilst others are almost desolate in their bareness. Yanni and George are excellent examples of that visual image.My heart went out to that lonely man and the fact that he became a family secret.I think the dialogue was sometimes a little awkward, which is something I think made it less than a five star experience, other than that it was a very good read.I received a free copy of this book for my review.