CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Kiss the Dead - Laurell K. Hamilton Maybe it is time for the Anita Blake books to either take a different turn in the road or Hamilton should consider laying her to rest. It is almost as if the author doesn't want to say goodbye to the characters, because they mean so much to her.How about a side series with just one of the characters?Anyway despite being an avid reader of the Blake books I have been underwhelmed with the last few offerings. Some of them have been very short. This story is repetitive and lacks Hamiltons original spark.Although there are glimpses of the original feisty vampire hunter unfortunately they are lost between the usual 'think, think, think' dilemmas Blake usually has.You would think by now, book 21 she would have figured out whether she is indeed a monster or just a monster killer. She spreads so much loving around it is a wonder the woman can stand up in the mornings. Although saying that there are less naughty scenes than usual.Where is Olaf? He is one of the most oddball interesting characters and I believe Skin Trade (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter 17) was one of the best in the series.I like Hamilton and her creative ideas, so I will still buy her next offering. I just hope she will either clean the slate and start fresh with a new concept or take Anita back to the vampire hunter we love to read about.