CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Awakening - Stuart Meczes I have to say I do not get all the references some of the other reviewers have made to Harry Potter and Twilight. It doesn't have an owl toting magician in it or a lovesick girl drooling over a sparkly vampire either.It is however a book I would recommend to YA and adults alike. Although it has a vampire subplot, which some either like or love to hate, it is more of a fantasy meets supernatural and a strong teenage message to boot kind of book. Any book that draws the attention to bullying is commendable, especially the verbal and physical abuse that takes place in schools. Saying that I also think the writer spent too much time reflecting upon the main characters emotions after he has discovered his powers.The various supernatural or fantasy elements and/or figures are more along the lines of champions fighting the evil creatures that would like to extinguish humanity. An entertaining read and it will be interesting to see what the next installment brings.