CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Deadlocked - Charlaine Harris The most important thing you have to remember when reading a Sookie Stackhouse book is that it isn't True Blood. The two should be regarded as different stories with the same characters.I personally think Harris managed to bring this twelfth book in the series, back home to roost again. She has linked into her characters as they were in the beginning, as opposed to what they are in the TV series. Which means this book has a laid back and comfortable quality to it.It wasn't until I had finished the book that I realised there was no naughty scenes at all,which also means the story didn't need them. I missed Pam and her witty remarks and Eric played the understudy this time. I also thought there were far too many scenes that had Sookie shopping, painting her nails and having a shower.Harris seems to have tired of the set of characters and appears eager to bring the story to a conclusion. Going by the last scene I do hope it won't be 'a happy ever after Bon Temp waitress gets mediocre life' one.I bought the Audio version of this book and as always the narrator Johanna Parker is brilliant. She has Sookie down to a fine art, which makes listening even more of a delight.