CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Grave Artist - Paula Lynn Johnson My expectations when I started reading this were along the lines of 'this is going to be another typical YA read', but in fact I found myself staying up till late to finish it.Although ultimately a book that fits into the YA genre with a paranormal ghost twist, it fits in without the usual teenage hype, be it in language structure, dialogue or storyline.Instead the reader gets a fairly realistic look at how even older children and young adults are emotionally distraught and overburdened by the divorce of parents.That is exactly where the main character is at the beginning of this book. Trying to accept the changes brought upon by her parents decisions Clare is lost within the folds of the hurt that surrounds her.Her art becomes the focus of her apparent mental frailty. Then she realises that someone or something out there has taken a special interest in her.Without giving away too much of the plot I think the ghost mystery that evolves simultaneously is excellent. Never overly dramatic or underwhelming, so kudos to the author for keeping it interesting throughout.I loved the references to Sacred Geometry and the historical data about the locket.I have to add that I wasn't expecting the surprise development towards the end either.I did feel as if the ending was a little tepid in regards to the rest, but not everything has to end with a cliffhanger. It was subtle and comforting instead.I received a free copy of this book for my review.