CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Magic to the Bone - Devon Monk 3.5* Not a bad start to a para/supernatural series. It leans towards using well known ingredients and plots.I can see it becoming a favourite if the following happens:The plot isn't allowed to wander off aimlessly during important scenes,the link between scenes is more understandable and less hop skip jump,the characters are given more depth and structure,the author maintains steam and ideas throughout and doesn't give up just before the end. Now that might seem harsh, but I liked the book and the characters within it. It wasn't anything new when it comes to the genre, but it could become a solid favourite amongst fans. It needs more oomph and the author needs to be more confident about the storyline she has and is creating. Perhaps that is why the end seemed to taper off, as if the author wasn't sure where the end was.The creativity and eye for magical ideas is obviously there and the book was a pleasant read, but I am hoping for a more daring second book in the series.