CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Sleight - Jennifer Sommersby I knew after reading the first few chapters that this was going to be a gem of a story (pardon the pun). It kept me captivated and made me grumble when it ended. The circus setting within the folds of a mysterious ancient magical set of books,which in turn are connected to the individuals who created them, thousands of years ago, is an interesting and amusing choice of scenario. Although perhaps sometimes reminiscent of Darren Shan (Vamp. Assistant) at times. The villian is portrayed by the descendant of one of the ancient books, who in turn has written La Una, a book which makes man question himself and turn against his fellow humans. The La Una concept was a brilliant twist and reminded me of the Wave and how a manifesto/idea can convince the masses and influence opinions. The only thing that bothered me was the lack of interaction between the main character Gemma and her adversaries, that girl needs to stop crying and defend herself, but that just shows you how involved the character made me get, to the point where I want to bop someone on the nose for her. All in all it was a great read and I truly can't wait to read the sequel, there better be another book, because I want to know what happens next. I highly recommend this author.