CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Out of the Limelight - James Bagworth Flint and Farrow are two music hall entertainers, they are on stage at various London stablishments. They are accidently implicated in the gruesome death of a young woman. The reader follows them in their bumbling rather than skilled attempts at sleuthing, whilst they try to find the real killer.The book is set in the Victorian era and in some of the scenes you can almost imagine a Bobby walking by in the fog. Saying that I also felt that now and again the book felt too modern, as if the writer kept slipping forward a few decades or so.At the same time the reader is introduced to a female singer called Annelise, who is hiding from a mysterious man and a sinster sounding past.I have to say that despite the fact the two stories merge somewhere along the way, that I think the Annelise subplot overshadowed the real stars and main storyline of the book. The Flint and Farrow characters are strong enough to captivate a reader for an entire book. Their amusing interaction combined with the policeman Wyatt and his overactive imagination, made for a good little crime mystery. Whereas the Annelise story was over complicated, mushy and reminiscent of a romance plot.Hopefully the two wannabe sleuths will make another literary appearance in the near future with more a of leading role.