CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Shadow Keeper - M. K. Yarbrough This is a YA supernatural story with a strong emphasis on teen romance.The romance is more of a sexual tension vs virginity vs overly dramatic teenage reactions and unrealistic dialogue.The way the adult mothers in this book were treated and spoken to by the male teens, was unusal and borderline uncomfortable at times.I felt that the two storylines, the teen romance and the demon hunter, didn't compliment each other at all. The devil may care attitude that the main character displayed when someone was spreading false rumours about his love interest and her alleged sexual skills in a car, was disappointing. Perhaps an indication of how young people in our society think nothing of talking trash without any thought of the consequences.The author spent so much time on the interaction between the two teens that there wasn't much space left to develop the other storyline, which is a pity, because it was the far better of the two.The reader never actually gets the chance to find out what exactly the meaning of the title is, because we are too busy reading about how the teens have the hots for each and wanna get it on, but can't.That isn't a bad thing per se, it just isn't a great thing when the book is supposed to be about humting demons.I received a free copy of this book for my review.