CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The  Island Part 1 (Fallen Earth #1) - Michael Stark Well the first part managed to hook me enough to download the next few parts. It looks as if this author, who writes with a warm smooth flow, has a talent for spinning a yarn.First though a few odds and ends. Why has the author chosen to split this into five different installments instead of just releasing the story as one novel? Yes the first three are free and that will entice readers to buy the last three, but I still think offering the full version would be a sound choice.The other thing that bothered me was the fact the author chose the same cover picture for all six parts. The cover is lovely, don't get me wrong, but other than the title there is no indication that it is a different book to any of the other five with the same cover.Aside from that this is a well written and interesting start to a story, which promises to be something of a mixture between apocalyptic disaster and fantastical strangeness. How do I know that already? Easy, somewhere in the midst of the foreboding mass virus induced deaths someone mentioned goblins.