CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Adventures of a Motorcycle Despatch Rider During the First World War - W.H.L. Watson I have the Kindle edition of this book, which for some strange reason is no longer available or at least the version I bought is no longer available.Reviewing the content isn't simple, because the writing and flow is sub-par and yet the actual account of events overways the lack of literary prowess.Hidden within a large amount of details about places, divisions, skirmishes and soldiers is a differnt layer of history. One that is told almost without any emotion at all, by a young man in the middle of events so horrific that we possibly cannot even fathom how scared he must have been. Saying it sounds so trivial, a despatch rider, that doesnt sound very dangerous at all does it. When in fact these young men and boys were sent through the middle of battles, gunfire and often past enemy points to deliver verbal and written messages amongst the command posts.Hard to even imagine nowadays with all the technology we use in warfare. They were the carrier pigeons of then and the sms of today.It is very dry reading, but well worth it for history buffs.