CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Demon Lover - Juliet Dark, Carol Goodman At one point I felt that reading this book was tantemount to having the life sucked out of me. Sometimes less is more. This was filled to the brim with so many different ideas, sub-plots and possible future twists that I think the author lost sight of the actual main plot.The reader starts out imagining the seductive powers of the demon lover, who has the physical capability of a solid enitity (nudge nudge, wink wink)and yet in reality is barely a wisp and breath of a shadow. That guilty excitement is suddenly forgotten as we are led into the realms of a town that seems inhabited by the strangest folk one could think of.There the main character flits and swoons between the mystery of her neighbours, the students who may need help for eating disorders and/or the odd curse. Then back to the strange bramble, sorry thorn bush that apparently eats animals and so on.In essence it was either pages of prolonged sexual dream gratification or trying to shove the content of five books into one.Now none of that means the author can't spin a yarn. Far from it, she obviously has a very active and creative imagination. That creativity just needs to be focused on keeping that main idea alive and flowly consistently without going off on a wild tangent every few pages.I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley.