CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Devil's Bargain - Rachel Caine I like the way Caine has stepped away from the YA feel of the Morganville Vampires for this series. As usual she has created a strong female lead, who is rough around the edges and a bit of a troublemaker.I enjoyed the subtle complexity of the plot. An interesting mix of urban fantasy, with a pinch of paranormal and perhaps a possible element of sci-fi. It is actually far more intricate than you would think, if you regard it from purely urban fantasy point of view. If you start thinking about the possible implications of the time/event versus change and domino reactions, that's when you realise how clever the plot really is.Whether you open the letter or not you change the course of a life and Jazz is left wondering whether any choice is the right one. Caine has created a set of solid likeable characters, and the odd villain or two, that will keep the reader coming back for more and a plot that has as yet many undiscovered facets.I received a free copy of this book courtesy of Harlequin Uk Ltd and NetGalley.