CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Jenny (Tiny Twisted Tales) - Calvin Innes What amused me most about Jenny was her evil looking grins and smirks. I am guessing it is because she reminds me of myself at that age. My 7yr old son however was much more fascinated by the fact Jenny can get away with hunting werewolves at night. 'Doesn't she have school in the morning?' he asked. (note he didn't find it at all bizarre that she hunts monsters) Reading age 7plus or advanced reader. The rhymes are written in a way that invites the reader to sound out the words to get the pace right. This in turn helps with the reading, as most UK children are taught phonics and use the sounding out method.For younger readers I would suggest if the child doesn't like monsters or is afraid of the dark, then this book could be a fun way of showing them how tough kids are and how monsters can be defeated. If in doubt, then don't. Not every child has a hankering for the slime, goo, bugs, monsters and things that go bump in the dark.Once again the fantastic illustrations in combination with the text are what make this book the whole package. The pages jump out at you and connect with the reader. Innes manages to make the werewolves look both scary and completely harmless at the same time. I highly recommend the Tiny Twisted Tale series. I received a free copy of this book for my review.