CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Pale Henry (Tiny Twisted Tales) - Calvin Innes A Tiny Twisted Tale with a little bit of a dark side and message to all the children, who hide away from the world and their fears.Pale Henry doesn't go outside. He even stays out of the sunlight. Henry hides away in the loft with spiders, moths and his books. Then one day he overcomes his fear and decides to face everything he is scared of and goes outside. Outside the world is full of fun, sunshine and friends.So the moral of the story is that sometimes the biggest fear we face is fear itself. I think this is quite deep, but without being prolific. It relays an important message to children without slamming it over their heads with a tire iron.Reading age 7yrs plus and advanced readers. Written in the usual Innes type rhyme-style, using age appropriate vocabulary and in a way that encourages sounding out. Example: all of the sky/went flying by.The fabulous illustrations by Innes are in black and white. Unusal perhaps, but I think it actaully makes the child pay equal attention to both writing and illustrations.I highly recommend the Tiny Twisted Tales series to parents who are looking something just a little bit different for their children to read, especially if your child is a reluctant reader who doesn't enjoy the sweet fluffy kitten type of book.I received a free copy of this book for my review.