CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Of Wings and Wolves (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #6) - S.M. Reine New YA series about twins raised by their grandmother. Nothing unusual about that until you realise that one of them has a tendency to wander through the woods on four legs.The story focuses on the female of the duo. Summer knows she is different but is completely unaware of exactly why and what that difference entails. Until she meets someone who knows why and that someone triggers a sequence of events that will change the way the twins interact with each other and the world around them.There was one tiny issue that bugged me though. Grandma calling Summer 'babe' all the time I am not a fan of affectionate terms being used by younger people when speaking to an older person. Terms like hun, sweetie, pet, love and babe carry an air of condescension and lack of respect with them. When Grandma does it I get this vision of someone trying to be hip and looking quite creepy whilst doing it. On top of all that when Summer ends up alone in her room with the half naked luscious and lusty male, Grandma says the equivalent of go get 'em and have fun doing it.Perhaps my Grandmother was just a little more conservative.Anyway I digress, Reine has created a series, which I think ticks all the YA boxes. The conflict between parental authority, the sibling rivalry, the innocent yet seductive pull of youth and let's not forget the shifters, angels, demons and other odd supernatural characters in the book.Apart from the ending, which I found a little candyfloss sweet and convenient, this is a series with potential. I will be interested to see where Reine takes the complexity of the war. On another note just from a genetic point of view perhaps we will find out whether there is a reason for the difference between the twins. I received a free copy of this book for my review.