CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Concealed - Sang Kromah YA supernatural with a lot of creativity and a plot that develops faster than you can read. Although that might also be the Achilles heel. It might be a tad too fast and choppy for some and just perfect for others.I found the way the author split the Djinn into sub-species very interesting. The Fey being one of those sub-species, which was a completely different take on the whole supernatural being.The relationship between Gigi and the main character Bijou was well thought out. There were elements of teenage rebellion vs grandmothers rules or the odd moment of nurture like a mother towards her child and then to top it all off the selfish cold personality of Gigi would rear its head.The character of Sebastian is probably in the running for most bipolar and unpopular romantic interest of the year, but all is not what it seems when it comes to his mood swings.Overall I thought this had great potential. The author just needs to make the changes from scene to scene a little smoother and instead of rushing give herself the chance to expand the characters and storylines.I received a free copy of this book via Netgalley.