CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Broken Elements - Mia Marshall Well thought out supernatural YA story with elementals and shifters.The main character has returned to the town of her college years after hiding away for a decade, the reason for her return is also the same reason she fled in the first place. Murder most foul.To make matters just a little more complicated elementals and shifters have to keep their supernatural side hidden from the human population. The thing is it gets mighty hard to explain to the police when you just happen to look like the perfect suspect.I enjoyed the analytical look at the elemental, the deep soul searching for some understanding and/or connection. What do you do when you fear that which is most ingrained in your being? Is the entity of supernatural part of the person or just an ability they just happen to have? These are questions that seem to swirl around in the head of the main character while she tries desperately to save not only her sanity but also her friends.Kudos to the author for the ending, I have to admit I did not see that twist in the plot coming. Not the killer the other sub-plot. It was so well hidden in plain sight that I never guessed.It certainly makes for an interesting scenario. Hopefully one the author will explore more in a possible sequel.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.