CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Geneva Decision: Pia Sabel #1 - Seeley James I have to admit the heroine was not quite what I was expecting. The main character is a football player and at Olympian level. For a character that turns into a James Bondesque like terrorist fighting security firm owner it is quite an ambitious storyline.It is a fun light hearted read and the fact that said football player seems to morph into the bionic woman with the ability to adapt to any situation she is confronted with no matter how dangerous, should be taken with a pinch of salt.Or should it?Coming at it from an entirely different angle I think perhaps there is a reason for the main characters abilities. She seems to be quite adept at a acquiring them at a moment’s notice. The footballer player suddenly has no problem killing, well ok she sedates quite a few people, fighting like a combination between a cage fighter and boxer or leading a team of highly trained special ops.Why were her parents killed and why have the same people tried to kill her?So in essence if the plot/author has a surprise element waiting for us in the next book, which explains why Pia is such an extremely multifaceted woman, then Pia's skills might not seem so unusual.I received a free copy of this book for my review.