CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Wolf with Benefits - Shelly Laurenston Laurenston has a great sense of humour and indeed I found myself chuckling on more than one occasion whilst reading this.Now I have to mention something that really interrupted the flow of both the book and my reading. The names of the characters in the Reed family were so similar that I had to think about which character it was before completing each sentence.Ricky Lee, Rory Lee, Reece Lee and Ronnie Lee. It was really annoying. In fact at one point I felt as if I was being transported to Walton mountain for a nightly round of 'Goodnight John-Boy, Goodnight Mary Ellen' and that is without mentioning all the extensively hyphenated names or the use of first, middle and doublebarred names when referring to a character. Way over the top.The other thing I felt that took away from the story was the fact the author seemed to slip into teen conversation mode a lot. No thirty year old I know has a convo such as 'You're stupid. No, you're stupid. Well you're a stupid head.'I mean come on now, these are fully grown shifter adults with careers. They wouldn't and shouldn't be speaking to each other like an episode of ICarly.Aside from that this was a really entertaining supernatural story with plenty of wit, romance, snark, violence and a never ending supply of obnoxious kids.Oh and lest I forget I think Blayne needs to show Toni how gnarly she can be. I know I wouldn't put up with that kind of disrespect.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.