CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Glass House 51 - John Hampel The concept is one that our society needs to be aware of.At the moment most of us spend our time on the periphery of technology and its true capacity for Big Brother like surveillance.The majority choose to ignore it or accept it as part of our era and the unstoppable advancement of science and technology. Then there are the others that are paranoid to the point of delusion about what exactly the upper echelons are doing with it. Then in the middle we have the people who do know and are at the heart of the wave of development.If you just take a step back for a moment and think about what it would mean or does mean that the powers that be have the right to look into, listen to and watch every aspect of your life if they choose to do so. In this book the author looks at what happens when someone abuses that surveillance system for their own nefarious purposes.Concept is interesting, but I found the actual presentation in regards to flow of the story lacking.When it came to the villains the author was evasive to the point of not enough info to follow the clue. It needed more clarity and structure. The sub-plot of the murders became stronger than the main one, which then begs the question is this a book about someone getting their rocks off by killing or about the subversive dangers of surveillance in the wrong hands.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.