CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Eleven Days - Stav Sherez Once again London is the background setting for this second Carrigan and Miller novel, the first being A Dark Redemption (Carrigan & Miller Police 1). London tends to bring about stereotypical images to mind, instead Sherez takes the reader into the unknown entity and veins leading from the heart of the city. Darkness, secrets and hidden evil behind closed doors.The crimes are written with a subtle helping of both religious and political sub-plots that don't take over the main concept.There is an underlying tension and attraction between the two detectives. The author has them wander on separate personal and emotional paths, but now and again the reader can almost taste the atmosphere between them. It will be interesting to see where the author takes that relationship.I enjoyed the prose, which was intricate without trying to be overly complex. The author sets the scene with an uncanny sense of detail and creates an engrossing read. I received a copy of this book via Netgalley.