CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
A Soul For Vengeance - Crista McHugh It felt as if it was the story of two couples finding each other as opposed to the inkling of good fantasy it could have been. Far to much romantic here, there and everywhere instead of focusing on the more intriguing parts.Not enough attention was given to the character that had the potential to make this pleasant read a more memorable one.Now I will be the first one to admit that is probably because I do like any element of fantasy to be a little grittier. The soul that Arden carries inside is exactly that, Loku just needed to be let out to play a little more. He has more attitude, anger and personality than the rest of the characters put together. In this book he is a missed opportunity.The concept seemed to be a bit of a tug of war with the author swaying in two directions at once. Romance in one and Epic Fantasy in the other corner. That doesn't mean the two can't coexist, they just have to be able to exist in one story without one consuming the other and in this case fantasy got nibbled and eaten.I would like to see the author take those interesting EF ideas, especially the soulbearer idea with one identity within another and develop the characters/concept/storyline without feeling the need to create a love or soulmate story.I received a free copy of this book via Netgalley.