CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
School Spirits - Rachel Hawkins Lovely little supernatural story.It was a little slow at the start and the end was perhaps a tad rushed and convenient. Saying thatthe middle was a delightful read and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to younger and older readers alike, keeping in mind that it is written for the younger age group.It was en vogue and had characters that readers will be able to relate to. There was also a subtle wit throughout, which wasn't overly sarcastic nor was the author trying to make it funny. The humour just ran alongside the plot in a smooth comfortable way.The beginning, well let's just say it could have done without the vampire scene and it wasn't indicative of the rest of the plot, which was a combination of high school life meets the supernatural.The sweet blossoming of young love, the difficulty of fitting in with her peers and let's not forget the ancient warlock that just happens to live in the mirrors in the main characters house.Izzy has never watched TV, been to school or spent time with kids her own age. Now she finds herself torn between wanting a more normal life and fulfilling the legacy of her birthright.I liked it because I know it will tick all the buttons for the age group it is written for. It is fun, endearing and interesting without resorting to anything extreme.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.