CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Night Is Watching - Heather Graham A combination of a good old murder mystery with a hint of western and some ghost channeling detectives to boot.It was what I would call a good wholesome read. Nothing overly complex and written with enough twists and turns to keep the reader interested.It might not have a lot of bite or any violent scenes, but it didn't need any of those things. Some readers just want a pleasant and entertaining read without having to strain the brainbox, query quantum physics or historical facts. Sometimes it's nice when the most complicated thing about a book is the hot cocoa you make to drink whilst reading it.One thing though, what was the point of the whole tongue sub-plot? Surely dead is dead and ergo not capable of conversations. Should have chopped off some fingers instead because they sure didn't have any problem writing messages.I would have liked to have seen more evidence of the fact that there is a Krewe of Hunters or indeed was in this book.Two people do not a Krewe make.Overall it was pleasant read that sails somewhere in the mid-genre field of mystery with a pinch of paranormal.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.