CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Blinded Man (A-gruppen (Intercrime) #1) - Arne Dahl The first part of the book, right up till the recruitment takes place, it felt as if Dahl was trying to be über-complex. Philisophical procrastination with a bout of crime thrown in for free, which made it less complex and more confusing. Indeed the main character tends to stray quite often into mindless moments of imagination or fantasy and sometimes can't distinguish between the two.Scandinavian crime is an art unto itself and depending on how much political and cultural elements are involved in the storylines it can be quite hard hitting. I have to admit everytime I read the phrase 'blackhead' I winced.Regardless whether this is considered the standard norm or is accepted by Scandinavian society to refer to people of a different ethnic origin this way, I find it offensive. I think that throwing the light on nationally known and yet globally still quite unknown, racist views and problems in Scandinavia was the authors intent.Overall I felt as if the author strayed far too often from the actual crime and into secondary sub-plots. Some of which didn't seem to add to the story.I received this book via Netgalley.