CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Stonefly (Jacob Duke, #1) - Scott J. Holliday Excellent concept. Fresh, bold and engaging.A little darkness goes a long way in this extraordinary book.The main character is the result of an unknown father and a mother who likes to keep secrets. Jacob has a gift, but he considers this gift a curse and quite frankly I would have to agree with him on that.Just imagine having the power of wishes and yet nothing is ever that simple in life.It has an air of mystery and the unexplained about it throughout. You just know there is something else just round the corner waiting to fit into place like the missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle.I really enjoyed the way the author meandered between the minds of the unstable and the supposedly stable characters. Nothing is what it seems and what is murder to one is answering a cry for help to another. It questions right or wrong, morality and mental health.Fascinating thought though, what would you wish for if you were given the one time chance. What do think that wish would be if it was just something said in the spur of the moment?I received a copy of this book via NetGalley.