CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Skinny Bitch in Love - Kim Barnouin Light entertaining read.Actually no, let me rephrase that just a little. It reads like the life mantra of a very enthusiastic vegan, who is absolutely convinced that is the only way to eat/live to the point of being preachy. However that just made me smile, want to know why? I am completely anti-vegan and yet the author actually managed to make me want to try some of these amazing creations. I'm not really a connoisseur of food, my idea of breakfast is a pack of rolos and a glass of cold blackcurrant juice. Decadence is salmon smotherd in butter, lemon and salt. Oh boy I just wrote the bad B word, butter.So somehow in the midst of this hyperactive vegan mantra love story the author actually made me want to try what I fondly call rabbit food. (I know, my bad). My point being that her enthusiasm for the art of creating food, her passion and joy is so vibrant you can almost taste it.The story surrounding the food is very hip, modern and young. It could have done without all the swearing perhaps, as not all young people lack the ability to articulate without using expletives. Again that just added more bounce to the already very hyper character.The relationship and subsequent love story between the two main characters was a little high school dramatic.Overall it was light hearted and entertaining read, which could have been enriched with a recipe but I am guessing this book is supposed to entice the reader to try 'Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook: Crazy Delicious Recipes that Are Good to the Earth and Great for Your..' . I'd say from that perspective it will probably work.I received a copy of this book via NetGalley.