CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Strange Metamorphosis - Paul C.R. Monk To be able to see the world from the perspective of an insect isn't exactly as easy as it may look. Marcel finds that out the hard way.You have the moral issue of the main character being a collector of bugs/specimens now having to rely on them to survive. The hunter becomes the hunted.During that time he learns to assert himself and realises he has the strength to make his own decisions.The more he learns about life amongst the insects the more he can relate to their problems. He has to make life or death choices in a matter of seconds.They do say that each person goes through life phases. Each phase represents a change in thinking and the way we reflect upon our actions and life. We often emerge from the change slightly wiser than before. In a sense those life cycles are comparable to that of an insect.It is suitable for advanced readers, YA and older readers. It is well written with beautiful prose.I would call it a philosophical fantasy adventure that combines the fun of shrinking with the wisdom of self-reflection and a boy who learns to make his own choices.I received a free copy of this book for my review.