CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Autumn - Sierra Dean Dean is better known for her Secret McQueen series. (Something Secret This Way Comes: Secret McQueen, Book 1). A very entertaining Urban Fantasy series.This is Dean's first venture into YA and once again she manages to pull the rabbit out of the hat.She knows how to spin a yarn, connect with her readers and is a talented scribe.I am glad she stayed true to her predilection for strong no-nonsense characters and opted out of most of the usual overly dramatic cliches often found in YA.The main character Lou finds herself thrown in the deep end when she moves to her late father's hometown. Odd animals, ghostly apparitions and a family feud are only a few of the things she has to deal with. Of course the weirdness is softened by the the fact the small town has quite a few handsome young men, who seem to take a keen interest in her.Without giving away any details there is more to the feud and supernatural activity than meets the eye.Nice lead up to the ending by the way, which made me feel sorry for the person I am routing for (sorry not telling you who).The sequel promises to be both heartbreaking and revealing.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.