CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Medea - Kerry Greenwood Greenwood offers up a new theory to the popular yet unproven myth/speculation that Medea killed her own children ( the speculation was helped along by Euripides written version of the events). Given the remnants of hearsay and evidence read through the frame of reference handed down by Euripides, it is possible that the maternal filicide supposedly comitted by Medea never happened.I would also like to take a moment to say what an utter self loving and treacherous male Jason was. His golden reputation doesn't shine very brightly in this version of events.He betrays her trust more than once and yet she still throws her lot in with him.Greenwood weaves the supposed sorcery of women of that time, they tended to be healers something often mistaken for witchcraft, in a way that makes situational sense.One of my favourite characters was Herakles. Old trustworthy Herakles with a pure heart and the soul of a warrior.It is written in a way that combines mythology, history with fictional elements without becoming a dry academic rehash.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.