CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Mr. Monk Helps Himself - Hy Conrad This is the first Monk by Hy Conrad (prev. L. Goldberg).I don't know what it is like for other readers but I find it hard to separate the TV character images from the books.Not sure Conrad has the character of Monk completely right. His OCD and quirky helplessness are what make him such a comical character. Although we didn't see a lot of him in this book, as the focus was on Natalie and her career, what we did see seemed harsh and selfish at times.Monk is logical even when being completely illogical and not mean spirited or insulting. In this book he comes off that way in his interactions with the most important women in his life. He also encounters and agrees to situations he wouldn't normally be capable of. I think the author needs to take a closer look at what really makes Monk tick or not tick at all.Other than that it was a pleasant and entertaining read. Monk is a character that amuse me to no end. It shouldn't but it does.I received a free copy of this book via Netgalley.