CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Between You and Me - Emma McLaughlin, Nicola Kraus In essence this more or less mirrors the story of Britney Spears with the exception of a few minor details of course. That isn't really an important factor, because it could be the story of any child star with a certain level of celebrity.The interesting aspects of this story were how we as a society believe that we own public figures. Singers, actors, stars or any type of public figure. Society believes they have a right to know every single detail about them at all times. The media provides the fodder for the feeding frenzy.I don't believe any person should be subjected to that kind of scrutiny. We do not own public figures even if they choose to live their life in the spotlight. They have a right to their privacy and to not have assumptions made about their characters or rumours produced about them to sell articles.In the fame game this is often the Achilles' heel. You need the media to make you a star and then the media becomes the weakness that can bring you down in one foul swoop.Anyway I digress.Aside from the basic mainframe of the plot the storyline and interaction was very over dramatic and in some scenes didn't make a lot of common sense.There was a very good lead up to why both main characters are connected to and feel responsible for each other. The solution or crescendo was realistic and made sense from a behavioural point of view.But...What happened after the great awakening didn't really gel well for me at all. No real confrontation or change in attitude. Everyone just carries on like before.How very depressing and disappointing.The story reminded me of a Jackie Collins minus the naughty scenes.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.