CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Demigods and Monsters: Your Favorite Authors on Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series - Paul     Collins, Leah Wilson, Elizabeth Wein, Ellen Steiber, Elizabeth M. Rees, Cameron Dokey, Sarah Beth Durst, Jenny Han, Rosemary Clement-Moore, Sophie Masson, Nigel Rodgers, Carolyn MacCullough, Kathy Appelt, Hilary Wagner, Rick Riordan Not by Rick Riordan, but about his books. Just thought I would mention that as it seems that some readers are buying this based on the premise that it is a new Riordan book.A collection of thoughts and essays by other authors on books written by Riordan.On a side note I loved the introduction to the book, but have decided to take my chances even if it means getting shot.I actually had never heard of Riordan or his books until I saw the film version of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Personally I think it is of the most underrated kids movies I have seen. The film enticed me to look up the books and since then I have introduced the reading material to my children.The essays seem to focus more on the Greek mythology, which is the core subject in the books. It would have been nice to see a more in depth approach to the characters or plots in the same humorous way.What does become evident is how many people or fellow scribes enjoy the product of his imagination.This book is what I would call an add-on or oddity in a collection and perhaps more interesting to a fan or a reader who would like to know a little bit more about what makes the Riordan books tick. I recieved a free copy of this book via NetGalley.