CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Blood of Gods - Conn Iggulden It started off with an oomph that developed a slow pace and petered out.The scene of betrayal and the subsequent actions of those that murdered him was very well done. The only scene that topped it was Mark Anthony describing Brutus walk towards his victim in the final moments.Unfortunately I felt it lost its initial swagger after that. The story seemed more like reading/watching a TV show. When it comes to staying clse to historical facts you often find that the author has to to be mindful not to be overly academic or over the top fanciful fictious. It is a double edged sword and quite a balancing act.The read was pleasant but it wasn't memorable.Iggulden didn't replicate the same aura of camaraderie and sense of power in this book, as he did with the previous ones in the series. These strong historical characters become mere afterthoughts due to weak character description and depiction, instead of the powerful figures they actually were.At least that's what it felt like for me.It almost felt as if the author wasn't really into it or was just going through the motions.Not at all like his Wolf of the Plains (Conqueror, Book 1) Genghis Khan series.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.