CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Centurion's Wife - Davis Bunn, Janette Oke For what the story actually entails I find the title of the book very non descriptive. It makes one think of a romance novel and yet this tale was so very much more.The reader follows the bethrothal of a centurion and servant, which takes place shortly after the crucifixion of Jesus. They are both attached to the Romans and yet connected to the Judaean culture.The storyline of the two strangers who are to be bound together flows silently alongside the other plot, even if it was meant to be the other way around.What I found most interesting was the direction the author took. What would the people of that era have thought, how did they react and just how much did the events widen the space between the two groups, the believers and non believers.I was expecting a normal little romance and breathless sighing, instead this was a riveting introspective political and religious plot.If you look just a little closer inside the borders of the mainframe you might be pleasantly surprised, I know I was.