CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Weight of Souls - Bryony Pearce I liked the concept. The combination of teenage angst, high school drama and the connection to an ancient family curse was quite interesting.It ticks all the YA boxes and has a side note of pending horror.The author also tackles the issue of bullying and being isolated in school. The emphasis was on one of these 'popular people' teen groups that forces kids to take part in dangerous stunts or face a life of hell in school. This type of peer pressure, in the guise of fun, seems to be an alarming trend in our day and age. It is a type of group hazing, which often ends with disastrous results.I have to say I was a tad disappointed that Pearce decided to end it with a pseudo Partridge family ending. Where is the mystery in that? Why not let them leave things on a sour note instead of packing nearly all the loose ends into one neat box. How about leaving some of the conflict for the sequel?Taylor's Dad needs to see a shrink, Hannah needs to grow a pair and Pete deserves a clip round the earhole.There, I fixed that for you.Despite that it was a good read and both the character and concept have a lot of potential, so I am hoping Taylor Oh comes back with a bit more bite and lot more darkness.I received a free copy of this book via Netgalley.