CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Throne of Glass II - Sarah J. Maas After a bit of a slow start I had this pegged as the usual YA pseudo fantasy.I didn't really notice how it was reeling me in bit by bit until I realised there was some element about it that had peaked my interest.I ended up really enjoying it.Celaena has her own agenda, despite the fact she believes she is acting on behalf of an ancient queen, she is driven by her secrets and painful past.Chaol needs to rethink his occupation or take some IQ tablets. Talk about ignoring the obvious and thereby inadvertently betraying the person he supposedly loves the most.Dorian needs to grow a pair of brass ones, stand up to the tyrant and pull out the tongue of his derriere kissing cousin.Simple.Then Celaena wouldn't have to go all ninja assassin nuclear balastic on everyone all the time. That's when she isn't busy being a bookworm that is. Got to love how the author slipped that in there.It seems as if Maas is just finding her literary comfort zone with this series and I hope the next book will be indicative of that zone.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.