CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Hearts in Darkness - Keri Arthur An early series by Arthur and most certainly not her strongest. It also isn't indictive of her talent. The Riley Jenson Guardian books are much better [b:Full Moon Rising|172764|Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1)|Keri Arthur|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1320534317s/172764.jpg|907142].This is the second in the Nikki and Michael series. It still suffers from a dilly dallying heroine, who acts like an awkward heroine in a black and white silent movie.Throughout the book there seems to be a cycle of events.Nikki seeks out the villain, Nikki suffers from some sort of fainting energy sucking weakness, Michael swoops in and then storms off and Nikki disappears and is suddenly back again from wherever she went. Repeat cycle. Add the odd 'why we should be together but aren't together dialogue' and wait for the next cycle.It is amateur, vague, lacks character depth and a decent plot. All of that can be forgiven knowing that Arthur is actually capable of writing really good para-sup. stories, so I just chalk this down to the fact it is her early work.I received a copy of this book via NetGalley.