CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
The Angel Stone (Fairwick Chronicles, #3) - Juliet Dark,  Carol Goodman This is the third in the Fairwick series. It can be read as a stand-alone novel but I would recommend reading the first two to get more insight into the story.[b:The Demon Lover|11436723|The Demon Lover (Fairwick Chronicles, #1)|Juliet Dark|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1336505484s/11436723.jpg|16370337].This book takes us back to the origins of the man who becomes the demon lover. Without revealing any spoilers it turns out he gets around a lot and that aspect of the storyline got a tad confusing and perhaps borderline incestuous. Then again maybe I got lost in the family connections, fae time travel and the overall rules of reincarnation. What can I say it happens to me all the time.The author always showers her plots with a huge amount of sub-plots. Lost doors that aren't really doors because they are gates but are actually not real gates cos the door isn't really a door. Get that?The school has been taken over by the Nephilim and various related branches of supernatural species. Unfortunately one of the fraternity houses is being run by a bunch of mysogynistic soul-sucking girl abusing scumbags and their methods of persuasion are disgusting even for mythological creatures.The main character seems to have a tiny problem when it comes to attractive males. She feels an instant attraction to anyone who winks, smiles or growls in her general direction. A little self-control wouldn't go amiss seeing as how this is why she always ends up in so much trouble.Overall it was a bouncy creative read that could do with a little more structure.I received a copy of this book via NetGalley.