CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger
Enemies: The Girl in the Box, Book Seven - Robert J. Crane This is book 7 in one of my favourite series. Sienna Nealon the meta-hybrid with a fistful of attitude and the strength of multiple hulks is back.For new readers I would suggest Alone: The Girl in the Box, Book 1 so you can get a better idea of how, why, when and who.I can remember saying something along the lines of this is the quiet before the storm about book six, well this book is the storm. It is the tornado called Sienna Nealon and she is crying out for vengeance and weeping tears of blood.Just not her blood.Does that sound too excited? Mayhap, but the main character shows a side to herself that even she didn't know existed. Since book one we have watched her fight internal conflicts with her humanity and now that side of her seems to be losing the battle.Wolfe still seems to be the unknown variable in the equation. He is often X or Y and sometimes both at the same time. Is he the driving force or is this ipso facto a part of her character or genetics that the Old Ones (you know them Gods and such like)know exist inside her and yet she is completely unaware of it all?Sienna ends up in merry old England and meets a quirky irish chap with a penchant for luck and witty quips. Despite her personal grievance she is forced to deal with the ultimate threat. A threat that may force a coalition of enemies.People and popular characters drop like flies being executed by a huge meta flyswat.So now let's get down to the real nitty gritty.There is a secret.Ok to be fair the fact that Old Man Winter has been keeping info to himself has been evident for a long time. That secret has something to do with who or what Sienna really is.My inner Sherlock thought I had solved it there for a moment, but then I realised that Crane was smarter.No worries, I shall figure it out, just you wait.Overall it was a cracking read and one of those books you just can't put down until you have eagerly gobbled up the last page and clicked/swiped/looked for just one page more.I received a copy of this book courtesy of the author.