CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger

Intelligenz

Intelligenz - Lloyd Blake This is the future of technology combined with the greatest fear that comes with it.A world where nanorobots fulfill every wish and are in every corner of our lives.Hologram servants and any service available at the push of a button.What happens when those nanobots start acting like they are making their own decisions? What if each piece of technology not only had the power to act independently, but also act against you.Although this is a strong sci-fi concept it has a dark brutal feel to it.The only thing that didn't gel well for me was the main character and Karl. Their interaction and banter was too young. Instead of looking hip and street savvy it created a divide between their characters and Brandon. Now this might have been done on purpose to forge a connection between Karl and Clara, but I think they could have been portrayed as young but with a little more maturity.That was only a minor issue and it didn't detract from the overall fascinating plot. The opening scenes are an especially horrific reminder of how much the human race not only relies on but also trusts the face of technology implicitly.Could this become a major threat to man, will man become superfluous or will there always be a man behind the technology. I received a free copy of this book for my review.