CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger

Walking Disaster: A Novel

Walking Disaster - Jamie McGuire This book could have gone two ways. It could have been a sequel to Beautiful Disaster or an interesting introspective into the other side of the Abby/Travis coin.I think perhaps McGuire was trying for the second. It could have been a way for the reader to understand why Travis does and says the things he does or why Abby is the one that turns things around for him. The prologue about his mother is a good lead up to that second option and then well.....Instead we have a nearly exact replica of the first book with small nuances of the author trying to get into and explain the brain and substance of the chest thumping testosterone filled male that is Travis.The problem is that the story actually lacks substance. There is no real content other than Travis makes a mistake, America shouts (what is it with daft character names) and Abby forgives. Or Travis gets mad, America shouts and Abby forgives.Wash, rinse and recycle.This could have been so much more. However it is what it is a YA story with a male character with anger issues and misogynistic tendencies and a female character who is the epitome of the bend down and take it mentality.After all that negativity it was interesting to note that the epilogue is an attempt at picket fences.I received a copy of this book via netGalley.