CherylMM

Untitled Downside Ghosts
Stacia Kane
Before Dark
Jonathan Lake
The Lies of Locke Lamora (The Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Mom of the Year
Denise Pischinger

Demon's Daughter

The Demon's Daughter - Paula Altenburg Well, well, well where has Altenburg been hiding? This book is a great little gem and although the half naked male does entice the eyes of those that are easily seduced by visual treats, it does not do this tale any justice at all.Although I am sure this has been ticked as an urban fantasy I would slot it more into the fantasy genre. It wasn't just the demon vs goddess theme though. It is written with a hint of dystopian sentiment with strong ties to supernatural and an aura of western.This wasn't just a rugged male meets amazingly beautiful female and their spark illuminates the universe kind of story. It was far more than that.Filled with intricate betrayals from the past and secrets from the present, it questions whether what we perceive to be evil is always exactly that. What if that which we think to be evil is also good at the same time?The main character is two sides of a coin and each side strives to be heard internally. Those that hunt her both fear and are drawn to her at the same time.One of the most intriquing characters is Scratch. He is without a doubt the one I have the most questions about. Why, who, what and where does he keep finding those items? I hope some of those questions are answered in a subsequent book.Although the last few pages seemed more of an afterthought and indeed were completely unnecessary to the story this was an absorbing read. So much so that I look forward to reading the sequel.I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.